"Basilica of SS. Peter and Paul (1408)" Top 5 Page for this destination Cathedral of Saints Peter and Paul Tip by matcrazy1
Cathedral of Saints Peter and Paul, Kaunas: 18 reviews and 31 photos
This very large, brick church was hidden among houses of the olf town. To take a picture of the whole structure I would have to fly. Huge interior of the basilica with its 9 altars was unfortunately too dark to take pictures without a tripod.
The church was built in 1408 in Gothic style. I could find some details in both Renaissance and Baroque style there. They were added during reconstruction in 1655-1660. It was the only Gothic church of basilican design in the whole Lithuania.
Address: Vilniaus gatve 26, 3000 Kaunas, Lithuania
Directions: At northeastern corner of main old town square (Town Hall Square = Rotuses aikste), at corner of Vilniaus and Valanciaus gatve (street).
Phone: +370 (37) 22 75 46
More Things to Do in Kaunas (100)
More Reviews (196)
- See All Few direction signs
- See All No paper boxes
- See All Temporarily closed streets
- See All No vacancy?
- See All Kaunas in Europe?
- See All Sculpture in the air :-)
- See All Lithuanian, wooden cross
- See All More info?
- Weather, walking shoes, a tripod...
- See All Where and what to eat in Kaunas?
- See All Good night and sweet dreams :-)
- See All Walking/hiking around
matcrazy1's Related Pages
Have you been to Kaunas?Share Your Travels