"It started from this castle" Top 5 Page for this destination Kaunas Castle Tip by matcrazy1
Kaunas Castle, Kaunas: 20 reviews and 39 photos
Kaunas castle was built at the confluence of the two largest Lithuanian rivers: Nemunas and Neris in the 13th century. It was the first defensive castle in Lithuania. Kaunas started to grow around the castle. To be honest the very poor remnants of the 13th century Castle were recomstructed or better to say rebuilt recently.
Address: Papillo gatve 17, 3000 Kaunas, Lithuania
Directions: 3-5 min. walk from the northwestern corner of the Town Hall Square (Rotuses aikste): walk westwards and turn right, the castle at the end when you pass a depression (former moat).
More Things to Do in Kaunas (100)
More Reviews (196)
- See All Few direction signs
- See All No paper boxes
- See All Temporarily closed streets
- See All No vacancy?
- See All Kaunas in Europe?
- See All Sculpture in the air :-)
- See All Lithuanian, wooden cross
- See All More info?
- Weather, walking shoes, a tripod...
- See All Where and what to eat in Kaunas?
- See All Good night and sweet dreams :-)
- See All Walking/hiking around
matcrazy1's Related Pages
Have you been to Kaunas?Share Your Travels