"A Magical Place Part 2" Walt Disney World Tip by DUNK67

Walt Disney World, Orlando: 173 reviews and 232 photos

Small World
A review about the Magic Kingdom wouldn`t be complete without a mention of A small World. I haven`t been on it but have seen videos and heard about. It is annoying as hell for adults but the kids seem to love it............It`s a Small World Afterall.

Wind In The Willows
Although it was essentially a kids ride I enjoyed the Wind in the Willows ride. It took you in a car through scenes from the film, I thing that endeared it to me was the signpost to Worcestershire, my home County.

However I think this ride has been replaced now.

Pirates Of The Caribbean
This is a classic Magic Kingdom ride where you take a boat ride and witness the life of a Pirate brought to you by Disneys Animatronics.

Swiss Family Treehouse
See how the Swiss Family lived in this tree, going from room to room looking at their personal possesions and the things they needed to live.

Jungle Cruise
Take a boat through the jungle and see a wide variety of aniamatronic animals, the captain of the boat gives you a guided tour, but beware, some of their jokes are very cheesey.

Splash Mountain
Fantastic log flume ride following the adventures of Brer Rabbit and friends, watch out for the 5 story plunge into the briar patch near the end.

Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
I`d heard so much about this ride so couldn`t wait to ride it and judging by the queues it must have been good. The ride is shaped like an old steam train and runs around a mountain and old mines. I did enjoy the ride but I don`t think it lived up to the hype surrounding it, but I suppose when it was first built it was a market leader.

Liberty Square

The Haunted Mansion

A haunted house that isn`t really that scary but the effects and the detail that has gone into this ride has made it a very popular attraction. Look out though, is that a ghost on your shoulder?

Address: Walt Disney World, Orlando, Florida
Directions: Magic Kingdom, Walt Disney World, Orlando, Florida
Phone: (407) 939-5277
Website: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/

• Updated Sep 16, 2004

“To see more clearly you must open your mind before you open your eyes.”

Have you been to Orlando?