"Largest Fountain in the World" Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Off The Beaten Path Tip by bpacker
Singapore Off The Beaten Path: 432 reviews and 573 photos
Singapore has the biggest fountain in the world at Suntec City Mall, according to the Guiness Book of Records (1998)! Unlike other fountains, the water from this impressive display flows "in" rather than "out". Of course, there is a stupid superstition to it ( something about keeping all the luck within instead letting it spill everywhere ) but more foolish than that, is this belief than walking around it three times and touching the recycled fountain water will give you good luck. Ugh.
Well, I wouldn't blame you for believing in this but do tell your friends that you're there to see the impressive light and laser display at night. It is pretty good and more believable.
TIP: Walk around the top of the fountain and watch out for the 12 sculptures of the Chinese zodiac signs by the local sculptor , Han Sai Por.
More Off The Beaten Path in Singapore (24)
More Reviews (115)
- See All Singaporeans love Seasonal Festivals
- See All Idiot's Guide to Pricing of Electronic...
- See All Where to eat Swiss Fondue in Singapore
- See All Best Place in Town to Down a Sake
- See All The Best Hotel in the World
- See All Hiking in Singapore: Sungei Buloh
- See All From Singapore to Pulau Ubin
- See All The History Museum is now at Riverside...
- See All Visit the World's Famous Open Concept...
- Great Singapore Sale!
- Merlion @ Sentosa and Esplanade
Been to Singapore?Share your travels with the world!
bpacker's Related Pages
Have you been to Singapore?Share Your Travels