"An Ancient Rainforest near Orchard Road" Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Off The Beaten Path Tip by bpacker
Singapore Off The Beaten Path: 431 reviews and 571 photos
Other than Rio De Janerio, Singapore is the only other city in the world that has an ancient rainforest right in the heart of the city !
It is true, the Botanic Gardens is the original piece of jungle left on this island and it is just a stone's throw from Orchard Road.
While it does not have any hunk in a loin cloth, it does give its visitors an insight on the rare plants and local animal life in Singapore. There is a thriving population of monkeys over there and if you're lucky, you might just catch a glimpse of those furry human-like creatures.
5 am to 12 midnight daily
Free guided walk
"Rainforest Trail" every second Saturday of the month @ 9, 10, 11am and 4pm ( Meet at the Botanic Gardens Visitor Centre ). Click on the website below for more details.
More Off The Beaten Path in Singapore (24)
More Reviews (115)
- See All Singaporeans love Seasonal Festivals
- See All Idiot's Guide to Pricing of Electronic...
- See All Where to eat Swiss Fondue in Singapore
- See All Best Place in Town to Down a Sake
- See All The Best Hotel in the World
- See All Hiking in Singapore: Sungei Buloh
- See All From Singapore to Pulau Ubin
- See All The History Museum is now at Riverside...
- See All Visit the World's Famous Open Concept...
- Great Singapore Sale!
- Merlion @ Sentosa and Esplanade
Been to Singapore?Share your travels with the world!
bpacker's Related Pages
Have you been to Singapore?Share Your Travels