Gold Roc & Triple A diners: "All-night eats" Top 5 Page for this destination Hartford Restaurant Tip by Ace43

Hartford Restaurants: 27 reviews and 16 photos

These are technically not IN Hartford, but they're just outside Hartford, and the only places that are open 24/7.

The Gold Roc is in West Hartford, right off Exit 44 (Prospect St.) off I-84. WB, you come off the highway right next to it. EB, you have to go left at the first light, left at the next light, & then you'll see it just past the WB exit. The driveway is just past the Exxon station. It has a '50s old-car theme.

The Triple A is in East Hartford, at 1209 Main St. (across from Burnside Ave.), a little trickier to find. Take Exit 54 (Governor St.) off I-84. EB or WB comes out to the same place. Right at the light, straight at the next light (slow down, the road's bad right now), to the light at the end, which is Main. St. Turn left, and you'll see it about 1/4 mi. down on the left.

The manager I usually encounter on third shift speaks Spanish (as well as English); one waitress & one manager or owner that I have occasionally run into at night (maybe they're usually on during the day, I don't know) I believe speak Greek (as well as English).

Favorite Dish: I mostly have eaten at the Triple A. I like to get eggs--over easy or scrambled--which come with hash browns (real chunks of potato, not like McDonald's), and a choice of toast (I like their whole wheat). I usually add to that OJ with a little ice, & sometimes finish it off with bread pudding (which you can get with whipped cream, but I get without). It's not that they do anything really special with the eggs, although the over-easy are just the amount of done-ness I like, but A) I've found that breakfast foods are often the safest (best) at diners, and B) I've found the eggs & OJ really keep me going at 3 am! The bread pudding they actually make there; it has raisins in it; it's cool, sweet, moist; the bread becomes mushy with the other ingredients, you don't feel like you're eating a loaf of bread--in fact if they didn't call it bread pudding, you wouldn't know there was any bread in it at all. It's not exactly the way Mom made hers, but it's plenty good enough! (Just don't tell Mom!)

Address: See description
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: See description
Phone: 860-289-1685 (Triple A)
Price: less than US$10
Rating: 4
Theme: Local

• Updated Sep 13, 2004

Ace43 Works Here!

Have you been to Hartford?