"Jewish Ghetto - Pawiak Prison" Top 5 Page for this destination Pawiak Prison Tip by AcornMan
Pawiak Prison, Warsaw: 8 reviews and 20 photos
Pawiak Prison was built by the Russions from 1830-35 and later became a Polish prison after World War I. It was during World War II, however, that the prison gained its infamous reputation when it was used to imprison Jews and other Poles arrested by the Nazis. Outside the prison is a dead tree covered with obituary notices, a silent witness to the atrocities that occurred here.
More Reviews (37)
- See All Irlandzki Pub (Irish Pub)
- Warsaw uprising monument?
- Palace of Culture and Science...
- See All ATMs for all your cash needs
- See All Pedestrian crosswalks
- Bring comfortable shoes
AcornMan's Related Pages
Have you been to Warsaw?Share Your Travels