"By foot to the hospitality" Pulau Flores Off The Beaten Path Tip by global_explorer

Pulau Flores Off The Beaten Path: 17 reviews and 27 photos

Just behind the Rumah adat in Moni there start a road. It take you into the countryside up a valley. Here you will find timeless farmland and villages with friendly and curious villagers. If you are unable to drink koffee, don?t go. I spend most of the day in the company of the locals, eiter inside/outside their homes, and on the fields. Everyone provided me with new insight into the local way of life, their groblems, and successes, and not at least their ideas and thoughts about many things. It may happend to you as it happened to me, you find sort of a soulmate along the way, but a soulmate with a very different line of faith. I found my on the fields, first i ate his fruit (or to be exact, the pineapples of some of his relatives), before eating lunch and later dinner. I was simply not allowed to leave. When his fater later came home, i had to eat with him, as well. The friendlyness and generosity to be experienced in this easy acessible, but seldom visited area are overwhelming. But again, come armed with some languageknowledge.

• Written Sep 12, 2004

“the world is my playground”

Have you been to Pulau Flores?