"Museum Shop" Top 5 Page for this destination Easter Island Tourist Trap Tip by easyoar
Easter Island Tourist Traps: 6 reviews and 2 photos
Whilst I'm sure not everything was extortionate in the museum shop, some things were ludicrously overpriced. Most notably stamps and books (especially secondhand Thor Heyerdahl ones). We saw a first day cover being sold for 12,000 Chilean pesos (£12 Sterling) there, and when we looked in the Post Office it was around 1,000 pesos.
Unique Suggestions: The Museum is well worth visiting, but look around in other shops in Hanga Roa before parting with any cash in the shop.
Fun Alternatives: Buy your stamps in the Post Office and your secondhand Thor Heyerdahl books on ebay before you go.
More Tourist Traps in Easter Island (1)
More Reviews (51)
- Don't Miss The Fresh Seafood!
- See All Sculptures on the back of the 'British'...
- See All The enormous 'hats' for the Moai
- See All The rapidly changing weather
- See All Mass on a Sunday in Hanga Roa
- See All Rent a mountain bike
easyoar's Related Pages
Have you been to Easter Island?Share Your Travels