"Unique sculpture" Top 5 Page for this destination Kaunas Off The Beaten Path Tip by matcrazy1
Kaunas Off The Beaten Path: 81 reviews and 101 photos
I found this sculpture, on my picture, put on a high stone plinth south of a famous brick masterpiece - Perkunas House. I think, the sculpture depicted Perkunas, the most important Lithuanian god in the old past. He was a god of warriors in 13th and 14th century, a patron of weather as well.
Keep in mind that Lithuania was the last European country which accepted (or had to accept) Christian religion. Lithuania was officially converted to Christianity... twice: in 1251 and again in 1387. Well, peasants living in this area believed in many gods long centuries after.
More Off The Beaten Path in Kaunas (39)
More Reviews (257)
- See All Few direction signs
- See All Nude symbol of Kaunas
- See All No paper boxes
- See All Temporarily closed streets
- See All No vacancy?
- See All Kaunas in Europe?
- See All Lithuanian, wooden cross
- See All More info?
- Weather, walking shoes, a tripod...
- See All Where and what to eat in Kaunas?
- See All Good night and sweet dreams :-)
- See All Walking/hiking around
matcrazy1's Related Pages
Have you been to Kaunas?Share Your Travels