"Big brother was watching" Top 5 Page for this destination Kaunas Local Custom Tip by matcrazy1
Kaunas Local Customs: 57 reviews and 61 photos
Most or almost all small businesses like restaurants, stores/shops were equipped with cameras usually fixed to their external walls in the Old Town of Kaunas. The Big Brother was watching. Well, the Big Brother was the Soviet Union there in not so old past...
By the way
Lithuania and generally all 3 Baltic states (Latvia and Estonia) were regarded as the most safe part of the Soviet Union in the past. I felt there safe both at day and in nightime.
More Local Customs in Kaunas (39)
More Reviews (257)
- See All Few direction signs
- See All Nude symbol of Kaunas
- See All No paper boxes
- See All Temporarily closed streets
- See All No vacancy?
- See All Kaunas in Europe?
- See All Sculpture in the air :-)
- See All More info?
- Weather, walking shoes, a tripod...
- See All Where and what to eat in Kaunas?
- See All Good night and sweet dreams :-)
- See All Walking/hiking around
matcrazy1's Related Pages
Have you been to Kaunas?Share Your Travels