"Do you like... cucumbers? :-)" Top 5 Page for this destination Kaunas Local Custom Tip by matcrazy1
Kaunas Local Customs: 57 reviews and 61 photos
Green-uniformed policemen were rather charmingly nicknamed "cucumbers" by locals :-) in Kaunas. Well, there were more cucumbers in local restaurants than on streets. I found them once at the old town looking for "wrong" drivers to stop and to ticket them.
Just in case... tickets must be paid exclusively in Lithuanian currency (cash only) and always at place. Be prepared...
More Local Customs in Kaunas (39)
More Reviews (257)
- See All Few direction signs
- See All Nude symbol of Kaunas
- See All No paper boxes
- See All Temporarily closed streets
- See All No vacancy?
- See All Kaunas in Europe?
- See All Sculpture in the air :-)
- See All More info?
- Weather, walking shoes, a tripod...
- See All Where and what to eat in Kaunas?
- See All Good night and sweet dreams :-)
- See All Walking/hiking around
matcrazy1's Related Pages
Have you been to Kaunas?Share Your Travels