"Samui's best kept secret" Rocky Resort Tip by eriksattva

Rocky Resort, Ko Samui: 1,830 reviews and 1 photos

I arrived at Rocky Resort with high expectations after reading the 14 pages of testimonials on the website in detail. And, I can attest that they didn't dissappoint. From the moment I arrived I was made to feel welcome, at home, and relaxed. Check in was done in the restaurant overlooking the sea, we were offered a free welcome drink, a kind of fruit punch and we got to enjoy a brilliant view of the ocean while we talked with Luke and learned about the resort.

After that we were taken to our rooms which were very stylish. There's a great attention to detail which permeates all around the resort, and shows up especially in the rooms, even down to the coconut wood soap holder.

The resort itself is small, intimate and very private. It's located in a small bay just south of Lamai beach, in easy walking distance to the main strip of Lamai, and yet completely private.

The restaurant is fantastic, we had a private dinner of steak and lobster served to us in the Sala on the beach by candlelight.

The resort is highly recommended, it's the only place I would stay if I go back to Samui.

Unique Qualities: Friendly atmosphere, great food, great location.

Address: South of Lamai Beach
Price Comparison: about average
Phone: +66 77 418 367
Price: US$120-180
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.rockyresort.com/

• Written Sep 8, 2004

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.

Have you been to Ko Samui?