"The best dark rye Lithuanian bread" Top 5 Page for this destination Kaunas Local Custom Tip by matcrazy1
Kaunas Local Customs: 57 reviews and 61 photos
I tasted traditional Lithuanian dark/black bread a few times during my two trips to Lithuania. And I must admit that this one served (bread and rolls) for breakfast in my Minotel Hotel belonged to the best :-). Add here some delicious sweet buns.
Lithuanian dark rye bread (rugine duona) is probably the oldest and surely basic Lithuanian food product. It's said that Lithuanian bread can stay fresh for up to 2-3 weeks when stored in a cool and dry place. Traditionally Lithuanian bread was served with a piece of white cheese, a slice of cucumber put on a slice of bread and with some honey spread on it.
More Local Customs in Kaunas (39)
More Reviews (257)
- See All Few direction signs
- See All Nude symbol of Kaunas
- See All No paper boxes
- See All Temporarily closed streets
- See All No vacancy?
- See All Kaunas in Europe?
- See All Sculpture in the air :-)
- See All More info?
- Weather, walking shoes, a tripod...
- See All Where and what to eat in Kaunas?
- See All Good night and sweet dreams :-)
- See All Walking/hiking around
matcrazy1's Related Pages
Have you been to Kaunas?Share Your Travels