"Russian writings?" Top 5 Page for this destination Kaunas Local Custom Tip by matcrazy1
Kaunas Local Customs: 57 reviews and 61 photos
It WAS local custom in Kaunas, Lithuania and other Soviet republics to put writings in Russian language everywhere. Just one example, on my picture: info on how to use the phone was put exclusively in Russian on a public phone displayed in Communications History Museum now.
Well, in my country, Poland, there were no writings in Russian that time (before 1990). I think that in contrast to Lithuania the Polish nature of Poland (including the language) was never in danger.
More Local Customs in Kaunas (39)
More Reviews (257)
- See All Few direction signs
- See All Nude symbol of Kaunas
- See All No paper boxes
- See All Temporarily closed streets
- See All No vacancy?
- See All Kaunas in Europe?
- See All Sculpture in the air :-)
- See All More info?
- Weather, walking shoes, a tripod...
- See All Where and what to eat in Kaunas?
- See All Good night and sweet dreams :-)
- See All Walking/hiking around
matcrazy1's Related Pages
Have you been to Kaunas?Share Your Travels