""AN EASY" STROLL DOWNHILL DURING WINTER NIGHT" Namsan (South Mountain) and Seoul Tower Tip by I-Believe-I-Can-Fly

Seoul Tower is built in 1975 on the top of Mt. Namsan and is the best view point to see Seoul in one view. It is one of Seoul's landmark and one of the must-see places.

There are 2 elevators running inside the this 237m height Seoul Tower. The tower houses a revolving restaurant and an observation deck. The complex also offers many other facilities such as a World Folk Museum and an underground aquarium.

Seoul Tower provides a ROMANTIC NIGHT SCENE of Seoul, in the beautiful natural setting of Mt. Namsan. The cable car allows easy access to the mountain's top. In the western part of the grounds of Namsan Park is the Namsan Botanical Gardens.

Ares and I stepped out the tower around 01:00am and we just realized that the cable car stopped running at 12 midnight. G, it meant we had to take a downhill walk through a pleasant residential area to get back into town. It supposed to be an easy walk, but we did it in the cold winter night! And with my tropical body... well... it was really needed an extra effort! Ares was so worry that I would get a flu in the next morning.

Address: 105 Namsangongwon-gil, Yongsan-gu, Seoul, South Korea
Directions: Located in Namsan Park
Phone: +82 2-3455-9277
Website: http://www.nseoultower.co.kr/eng/index.asp

• Written Sep 7, 2004

“aaah... can't wait to hit the road again!”

Have you been to Seoul?