"My favourite" Top 5 Page for this destination Hotel Au Vieux Moulin Tip by Beckhanne

Hotel Au Vieux Moulin, Echternach: 14 reviews and 5 photos

Enjoying the quiet in the courtyard

Enjoying the quiet in the courtyard
      Front of the hotel
    by Beckhanne
      View from the balcony of the suite
    by Beckhanne
      The stream that used to feed the mill
      Breakfast room
    by Beckhanne

Well, this was very special as we went there for our first meeting anniversary. You might say it's not much but it was to me. We had booked a room for two nights and two gastronomic dinners which were of a very high level. The personnel is very nice and makes you feel very welcome.

As I've said on the introduction page, we've come to Echternach every year or every two years since 2004 and we've always stayed at this marvelous place I'm very fond of. Maybe I should try another establishment to make a few comparisons but I can't bring myself to go somewhere else...
The food is truly delicious and the dishes original. Different formulas are available : a week-end stay for 2 or three days, a 6-day stay from tuesday to monday. There are also other programmes during the year according to the period (Valentine's Day, Easter, carnival, etc.

Unique Qualities: The inn is very well situated with green all around. Echternach is close by, Luxemburg is only 35 kms away and like us, you could kill two birds with one stone and go to Trier, in Germany, which only takes a 27-km ride.
Step out of the building and all you'll see is green.

Address: Maison n°6 L-6562 Echternach
Comparison: about average
Directions: 2 kms from Echternach, turn left on the "Route de Luxembourg" when you see the sign "Au Vieux Moulin".
othercontact: amoulin@pt.lu
Phone: +352 72 00 68 1
Price: US$120-180
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.hotel-au-vieux-moulin.lu/

• Updated Jan 13, 2010

Comments

Beckhanne Visits Here Frequently!

Beckhanne

“Life never tasted so good.”

Have you been to Echternach?