"Very plush" Grange Holborn Hotel (The) Tip by YPie

Grange Holborn Hotel (The), London: 1,904 reviews and 10 photos

I stayed here on business in June 2004. For me, the main advantage was the location as it was handy for both Kings Cross station and the offices I was visiting on Holborn.

To be perfectly honest, I didn't spend a great deal of time either in my room or in the other hotel facilities. This is my big gripe when I stay in business hotels. They're very plush and have lots of facilities, but when on earth am I meant to get time to use them?!

I did get a good night's sleep though, and didn't find any problems with the room, the service or anything else in the hotel. My rate didn't include breakfast though, which is a bit disappointing when you're paying £150 per night (or it would have been had I actually been paying!). The hotel has a gym and a swimming pool which is a bonus, particularly in London, but having been dragged out for a meal with my boss I didn't get the chance to use them.

I wasn't bowled over by the experience, but it was far from the worst hotel I've ever stayed in. And I'm staying in another Grange hotel in London this weekend (September 10th) and even paying for it myself, so they must have made a decent impression on me! Mind you, it may have had something to do with getting a really good deal on it...

Unique Qualities: It has a pool and a gym, and all the corporate facilities you'd expect. But I don't know whether it has a "soul".

Address: 50-52 Southampton Row
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Phone: 44 (0)20 7242 1800