It didn't have one: "Huntenpop shop" Doetinchem Shopping Tip by Mariajoy

Doetinchem Shopping: 1 reviews and 1 photos

There was all kinds of stuff for sale here. But not food... well there was food in one tent but it was all in Dutch and you needed more vouchers... so we got chips. Yeah I know... but they understood "chips" - I mean how do you say "roasted mediterranean vegetables in a foccacia baguette" in Dutch... hmmm?? see??? You wouldn't know either... so I got chips. There was other stuff like sausages in breadcrumbs but I am a vegetarian and there wasn't anything on the menu that said "Kaas" so chips it was.

Oh this is a shopping tip - not a restaurant tip.. I got sidetracked... Other stalls were selling CD's, t-shirts, jewellery, musical wooden frogs, all the usual festival paraphenalia but we didn't buy anything 'cos you just have to lug it round all day in your rucksack and we didn't want to do that and there was nothing there that really made me go "ooooooh but I neeeeeed it and I can't live without it!!!"

What to buy: Well to be honest this is about the festival - not Doetinchem exactly! Oh but when we got to the train station there was a snack shop place doing those sausages in breadcrumbs and other fast food stuff and icecream and soft drinks - which was really convenient as nowhere else was open. I got a bottle of chocolate milk and some Pringles for a few euros.

What to pay: Depends on what you want to buy. CD's were mostly 20 Euro for the good stuff - like Apocalyptica!

Address: Huntenpop Festival
Directions: on site.
Theme: Gifts

• Updated Feb 15, 2006

Comments

Have you been to Doetinchem?