"Warnings? Yeah!!! I got some warnings!!!" Doetinchem Warnings Or Dangers Tip by Mariajoy
Doetinchem Warnings and Dangers: 1 reviews and 1 photos
1. When you are gossiping, giggling and gabbling hysterically on a train about the most inappropriate things of a girly nature...remember most Dutch speak perfect english and understand every damned word you are saying!!!! SO if the gorgeous bloke opposite is trying not to laugh out loud...he's probably not laughing at something he read in his book!!!
2. This "They all speak English" doesn't necessarily apply to people who should be helpful... like train staff.... so when you say "which platform for Amsterdam"? and they look at you blankly... and it takes another Dutch passenger to whisper loudly to him in English.... "They're English" to him... and then his response is "oh Amsterdam?? Yes.. Platform 7b".... It makes you wonder..... what did he THINK I said???
3. If you sit shoeless in the long grass in the evening waiting for a bus that has forgotten to come to the temporary bus stop in the place with four letters beginning with G you will get bitten and your traveling companion will take great delight in telling you that " spiderlings will hatch out of your ankle after a few days". You have my permission to hit her/him.
4. Talking of bus stops... if the hole in which the bus stop sign is standing looks recently dug... like that morning.... then the drivers probably don't know it's there and will forget to come. Be sure to take down any taxi firm number - just in case. Thank god some of our fellow festival goers had done this... otherwise we would still be sat there. And thanks to the lovely people that called a cab and offered us a lift :))
5. If you are at the Huntenpop Festival and want a drink you need to buy vouchers first from the "consumptionstemple" or something... just give them 10 euros and they will give you 6 vouchers. 1 voucher for soft drinks and more for bier. If you ask for water or coke they will assume you mean Heineken. Be firm. It seems unless you say ONE or TWO coke or water they won't understand. But I think they just want you drink Heineken. :)))