Street vendor: "Spurga? What's that?" Top 5 Page for this destination Kaunas Restaurant Tip by matcrazy1
Kaunas Restaurants: 111 reviews and 129 photos
There was a street cart/stand with an umbrella put by Dviese cafe. Local woman sold there typical Lithuanian "spurga" and larger "ceburekas". They were served warm or even hot.
Spurga? What was that?
Spurga were Lithuanian different donuts filled with minced meat, cabbage, mushrooms etc.
Favorite Dish: Spurga:
- su mesa (with meat - 1.00 Lt)
- su sonine (? - 1.00 Lt)
- su bulvemis (with potatoes - 0.70 Lt)
- su grybais (with mushrooms - 1.00 Lt)
- su kopustais (with cabbage - 0.60 Lt).
Personally I liked those ones with meat and with mushrooms - my recommendation :-).
Address: Vilniaus/V. Kuzmos gatve; LT-3000 Kaunas, Lithuani
Price Comparison: least expensive
Directions: Walk 1-2 min. from northeastern corner of Town Hall Square eastwards Vilniaus gatve (street). The stand was on the right, when you cross V. Kuzmos gatve (street), by Kavine Dviese.
Price: less than US$10
More Reviews (277)
- See All Few direction signs
- See All Nude symbol of Kaunas
- See All No paper boxes
- See All Temporarily closed streets
- See All No vacancy?
- See All Kaunas in Europe?
- See All Sculpture in the air :-)
- See All Lithuanian, wooden cross
- See All More info?
- Weather, walking shoes, a tripod...
- See All Good night and sweet dreams :-)
- See All Walking/hiking around
matcrazy1's Related Pages
Have you been to Kaunas?Share Your Travels