"Nothing out of the ordinary" London Packing List Tip by Dabs
London What to Pack: 212 reviews and 121 photos
Luggage and bags: The tube is the most economical way to travel from Heathrow so wheeled luggage is the way to go, just make sure you can pick it up in case you have to go up some stairs.
Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: It's always useful to have an umbrella and/or raincoat
Don't be afraid to pack shorts if you are traveling in the summer, you will see both tourists and locals wearing them if it's hot enough.
Don't worry about your feet being fashionable, you will walk a lot in London. Wear whatever shoes are comfortable for walking, I usually bring sandals and a pair of Merrells for rainy days in the summer, hiking boots in the cooler months. Tennis shoes are fine if that's what you are comfortable in.
Toiletries and Medical Supplies: Hotels generally do not have wash clothes, pack your own, do without or buy when you get there
Miscellaneous: I always pack my Streetwise London map, it's laminated so it's very durable
More Reviews (268)
- See All Modern hotel near King's Cross
- See All Burgers in Earl's Court
- See All Itinerary for a 1st visit to London
- See All Visitor Oyster Card
- See All Old Operating Theatre
- See All National Gallery
- See All Old fashioned sweet shop
- See All Getting to the cruise docks at...
- See All Long running theater-who dunnit
- See All Tube etiquette
- See All Tube closures
- See All Rugby at Twickenham
Dabs' Related Pages
Have you been to London?Share Your Travels