Elephant & Castle: "Good Pub Food and Great Beer" Top 5 Page for this destination Elephant & Castle Tip by CdnJane
Elephant & Castle, Toronto: 5 reviews and 9 photos
Elephant & Castle is a chain of English style pubs, and the one I chose for a mini (make that micro-mini) VT meeting was one down on King Street. It is a big cheery and cozy pub that is great for an after work drink, an office lunch, or dinner, something to eat & drink before the theatre or a sporting event, or just to meet some friends.
The staff have always been friendly and welcoming, and Tuesday night was no exception to that. Gotta love a place with Guinness and Kilkenny... and some local brews too.
Favorite Dish: I've enjoyed the fish and chips (choice of halibut or cod), the burgers, and last night I decided to try the Stuffed Yorkshire Pudding. It was good but a little too stodgy and heavy.The roast beef was good, as were all the individual parts of it - lovely crispy cooked green beans *mmmmm* I think in the future I will go with something a little lighter - but then again on a cold winter's evening that would be great.
The chocolate brownie was incredible - and HUGE! Made to be shared with a friend for sure!
I enjoyed the Elephant & Castle Ale - nice and crisp after the mellow Kilkenny Cream Ale.
On my most recent visit - to the Yonge Street location (just south of College, at Gerrard) I had the club sandwich with salad - and it was great. The salad was a little soggy from the balsamic vinegarette dressing, but it was still good and tangy. The service was great, and the guinness excellent.
Address: King St. W at Simcoe St
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: 1 block west of University Ave across from Roy Thomson Hall on the northwest corner.
More Restaurants in Toronto (41)
More Reviews (69)
- See All CN Tower at Night
- See All Have a Friend with a Yacht Club...
- See All Catch glimpses of the Past and Present...
- See All Tim Horton's Coffee - Its the Canadian...
- See All Direction Signs on Exiting Subway...
- See All Pay Attention to Construction Sites
- See All Another Autumn Shot from my balcony
- See All Good Conference Location in North...
- See All Seems pretty popular
- See All Canada Day Goes Country
- Oh Dear! What should I bring
- Make Sure You've Settled on a Price
CdnJane's Related Pages
Have you been to Toronto?Share Your Travels