Sawasdee Bangkok: "Bangkok - Sawasdee Bangkok" Thailand Hotel Tip by Kitang

Thailand Hotels: 584 reviews and 535 photos

HIGHLY NOT RECOMMENDED. Again, we didn't actually stay here, but we stopped by to see what it was like. The receptionist was extremely rude, and tried to get us to stay in the most expensive rooms by telling us that all of the cheaper rooms were booked. When I told her that we didn't need to stay there that night but were thinking about booking rooms for a couple nights ahead of time, she told me that they don't book in advance.

When I asked about the availability of rooms with shared bathrooms (vs. private bathrooms) because they are cheaper, she told me that there was only ONE room of that type in the whole building. How can you only have ONE room with shared bathrooms??? That totally defeats the purpose of a shared bathroom. This was not a miscommunication; she spoke English just fine. I suspect that she was just trying to get more money out of us.

When we took a peak into a sample double w/ private bathroom, we found a tiny jail cell of a room with a dirty bathroom.

Unique Qualities: I was disgusted with the dishonesty and the rudeness of the receptionist. I dont know if it was just her, or if the management demands that the staff pull these tricks on its customers, but I was insulted by her demeanor.

Price Comparison: least expensive
Directions: right in the heart of Khao San Rd. This probably means that it's really noisy at night.
Price: less than US$20
Theme: Pension/Guesthouse

• Written Aug 30, 2004

Ranked Member

Have you been to Thailand?