"About chocolate 2..." Chocolate, Waffles & Fries Tip by melissa_bel

Chocolate, Waffles & Fries, Brussels: 19 reviews and 22 photos

Favorite thing: If you don't want to blow your budget, may I recommend Cote d'Or. It is owned by a Swiss company now but the quality is just as good and they have so many varieties it's hard to choose from (I personally love their Advocaat-filled dark chocolate bar). You can find them in the touristic area at the Delhaize grocery store near the Bourse or at the GB store in the City 2 mall. Don't buy them at the many little stores you see in the centre, they are overpriced. Go to a real grocery store!

There are also a lot of other brands bit unfortunately, I can't comment on them as I have never tried them. Wittamer is quite renowned (shop and cafe both on the Place du Grand Sablon), Mary Chocolatier is on 73, Rue Royale (you can order her pralines online at http://www.marychoc.com/.)! Seems like president Bush went out of his way to get some there when he was in Brussels.
Now... I REALLY need chocolate!

Fondest memory: Relative to chocolate? I was going back home from school and finally decided to stop at Jeff de Bruges on rue de l'Etuve (Manneken Pis' street) and got a bag of butter cream praliné-filled dark chocolate pralines. As it melted in my mouth,I stopped on my track... It was so damn good! I assume I must have had a "gustative orgasm". But to my horror, the store closed and I dscovered that "Jeff" who's said to be from Bruges is in fact from France and they closed all of their stores in Belgium.

Review Helpfulness: 4 out of 5 stars

• Updated Sep 13, 2004

melissa_bel Lives Here!

“I came, I saw and I can't stop going.”

Have you been to Brussels?