"Museum River Bank Festival" Top 5 Page for this destination Frankfurt am Main Favorite Tip by Nemorino
Frankfurt am Main General: 125 reviews and 134 photos
Favorite thing: Every year on the last weekend in August, Frankfurt am Main holds its annual Museum River Bank Festival (Museumsuferfest), so called because it is a joint venture of the two dozen or so Frankfurt museums located on or near the Main River.
A new highlight at the 2004 festival was a free open air concert given on Sunday morning by the Frankfurt Opera orchestra conducted by Kapellmeister Roland Böer, featuring arias and a duet sung by members of the Frankfurt Opera ensemble.
The Museum Park on the south bank of the Main River was packed for the concert. The photo shows only a small part of the audience, since there was no way to get the entire audience in one picture without going up to the top floor of one of the museums.
The weather looked a bit unstable, but it held. The concert was a huge success.
For more photos and details, please have a look at my Museum River Bank Festival travelogue.
More Reviews (91)
- See All Frankfurt OperaTalk
- See All Colours of Resilience by herakut
- See All Don?t pick the wrong Frankfurt from the...
- See All Site of the former orthodox synagogue
- See All When you just have to have a large jar...
- See All Across from the stage entrance
- See All We waited thirty-five years for this!
- After the opera -- CLOSED
- Accomodation during the Frankfurt Book...
- See All Cycling and jogging by the river
- Open-air opera at the Konstabler Wache
Been to Frankfurt am Main?Share your travels with the world!
Nemorino's Related Pages
Have you been to Frankfurt am Main?Share Your Travels