VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Restaurant Belastok: "Dining in Soviet style" Top 5 Page for this destination Hrodna Restaurant Tip by danyo

Hrodna Restaurants: 15 reviews and 28 photos

This is one of the only restaurants in the center and as far as I know the only restaurant in the center which still has the old soviet atmosphere. When you enter, a very kind lady takes your coat, shows where the toilets are and even walks with you halfway the stares to show where the restaurant is.

The restaurant itself is a big empty room (when we were there, only 3 other tables out of more than 20 were taken) with a high ceiling with ugly big red lamps and very dark decoration on the wall. There was a keyboard player in the corner playing some songs, which sounded very artificial.

The service was a bit strange, the waiters were indeed waiting in the corner, almost didn't move, but they behaved a bit like robots without any emotion. They of course never asked if everything was according to our wish ;-)

The main dish was o.k., allthough I even don't remember anymore what I had, it was quite basic. But I never forget the 'soup' we ordered. It was supposed to be 'boulion with egg', but it turned out to be a plate with hot water and indeed an egg inside. No kidding, just hot water without any taste. We ate the egg and left the water of course ;-)
But the rest was o.k., the desert too and the drinks. And it was much cheaper than the restaurant in the hotel.

Favorite Dish: The soup was terrific ;-)
At least as a joke it was so terrific that I gave them a tip just because of that ;-)

Address: vul. Engelsa (or gorodnitsanskaya ?)
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: near pl. Lenina, walk into vul. Socialisticheskaya and turn right.
Price: US$11-20