Sourdough Saloon: "Chatting and Chewing With the Locals" Top 5 Page for this destination Dawson Restaurant Tip by Stephen-KarenConn

Dawson Restaurants: 9 reviews and 18 photos

Downtown Hotel and Jack London Grill
by Stephen-KarenConn

The first thing that struck me about this building was the fabulous old time architecture. On my first evening in Dawson City I wandered in off the street to look things over. From the Sourdough Saloon I heard the nostalgic refrain of Ray Charles' "Georgia on My Mind," so I went on in to listen. The performer was a female vocalist accompanied by an electronic keyboard. Soon I was sitting at the bar and chatting with a local gold miner about his most interesting profession.

The Saloon offered the same menu as the Jack London Grill (in another part of the building) so I bellied on up to the bar and ordered dinner. Excellent food, good music, and good conversation in a great setting - what more could one want?

Favorite Dish: I ordered the Pioneer Beef Burger, topped with mushrooms, bacon and cheese. At $7.95 CDN, or $6.35 US it was a bargain. The burger was big, juicy and very tasty. I'm sure Jack London would have approved.

Address: P.O. Box 780, Dawson City, YT, Canada YOB 1GO