LA CITE: "FRESH OYSTERS FROM 7-OCEANS" Hong Kong Restaurant Tip by I-Believe-I-Can-Fly

Hong Kong Restaurants: 968 reviews and 1,215 photos

During our stays in Hong Kong in 2000, Jeny and I (and we asked Lita to join) were invited by Paul to have dinner in several of his restaurants. I had only 4 days stay so I just visited 3 of his restaurants but Jeny and Lita were experienced more.

Another dinner invitation was in La Cite bistro. We were greeted by Eric, the restaurant assistant manager.

This Parisian style bistro also has outdoor style cafe and bar, located on Pacific Place shopping arcade. The decor was informal and gave the feeling of easygoing & "youth" life style.

Favorite Dish: For entree, fresh oysters and cold champagne were served. Excellent! Eric asked me to taste the 7 fresh oysters which he said was caught from 7 different oceans. Then he asked me to tell the different! Well, they all tasted the same.

The main course choosen by Eric were also excellent. The grilled lamb chops with cherry tomato fondue and top with champagne were tasted even better. I had to stop myself for drinking too much champagne then.

Address: Ground Floor of Pacific Place, Hong Kong
Rating: 5
Theme: French

• Updated Sep 6, 2004

“aaah... can't wait to hit the road again!”

Have you been to Hong Kong?