"A Ferry Ride Across the St. Lawrence River" Top 5 Page for this destination Quebec-Levis Ferry Tip by Bwana_Brown

Quebec-Levis Ferry, Quebec: 9 reviews and 14 photos

Coast Guard Icebreaker & Chateau Frontenac
by Bwana_Brown

Hey, one of the great things about VT is that you get all these very useful tips from other travellers! Well, I decided to make use of one of the ones that I had read. During the last stages of the afternoon of my arrival in the city, I walked down into Old Quebec where I was able to board one of the ferries that will take you across the river to Levis. The cost for a round-trip ticket is only C$5 (US$3.80) and it gives you a chance to get out on the water to view the boating activity as well as get a different perspective on Quebec City. I never even got off the ferry, and the entire trip took less than an hour. As we were returning to the departure point, I took this shot of the venerable old Chateau Frontenac perched on the cliffs above the old town. In the foreground, is a Canadian Coast Guard icebreaker, one of many that is used to keep the St. Lawrence River open to ships travelling to Quebec City and Montreal during the winter months. The entire river and the Gulf of St. Lawrence normally freeze over right out to the Cabot Strait, where Nova Scotia and Newfoundland nearly meet each other!

Mode: AROUND
Type: Ship/Boat

• Updated Aug 21, 2004

More Transportation in Quebec (1)

Comments

Bwana_Brown

“Don`t sweat the small stuff”

Have you been to Quebec?