Chicken Creek Cafe: "The Best Restaurant in Town" Chicken Restaurant Tip by Stephen-KarenConn

Chicken Restaurants: 2 reviews and 3 photos

Chicken Creek Cafe
by Stephen-KarenConn

Actually this is the ONLY restaurant in town. The lunch I ate here was absolutely wonderful, and I loved the atmosphere. During my visit I was the only customer for the owner and sole employee who called himself "Gary the Cook." Gary told me he gets his fill of people during the busy summer season here in Chicken, so he spends the remaining eight months of the year alone in a cabin up near the Arctic Circle. When I asked how he entertained himself he said he did a lot of camping. He likes camping in winter because there aren't many bugs at 40 below zero. "But it's not as rough as you might think," he said, "because I'm well equipped and have a propane heater in my tent."

Favorite Dish: The cheeseburger was exceptionally good, thick and juicy with lettuce, tomato and mayonaise (hold the onion) on a butter toasted bun. The potato salad wasn't bad either. The meal filled me up to where I honestly didn't have room for the homemade pie: apple, blueberry or cherry. The pie looked delicious and if I'm ever back in Chicken I'll definitely save room for a slice.

Directions: Downtown Chicken
Phone: No telephones are in Chicken.
Price: less than US$10
Rating: 4
Theme: Local
Website: http://www.chickenalaska.com

• Updated Aug 24, 2004

Comments

Have you been to Chicken?