"Njupeskär, Sweden" Top 5 Page for this destination Europe Things to Do Tip by sim1

Europe Things to Do: 1,313 reviews and 2,177 photos

Njupeskär, The highest waterfall in Sweden
by sim1

The Njupeskär is the highest waterfall in Sweden and I was really looking forward in going here. But the waterfall itself wasn't the thing that charmed me; it was the beauty of the rest of the Fulufjället National Park that amazed me.

The hike to the waterfall is easy although quite exhausting as it climbs up and down over a hill. But the trail is over boardwalk and lots of stairs most of the time, so it's not very difficult to do. I can't remember exactly, but I think it is a 3 kilometres roundtrip to get to the falls. I expected it to be relatively quiet, as I hadn't seen that many people around on my other hikes. But I found out where they were.... at the base of the Njupekär waterfall :-( It was very crowded here, and that really took away from the charm of the waterfall. I can't say I really enjoyed it, but I made myself a promise.... I want to see the waterfall in the winter. I really wonder what it looks like during that time of year. It must be amazing to see it all frozen, hahaha, and probably not with that many people around because of the winter season!

You can see more pictures of the Njupekär on my Fulufjället National Park page

Directions: Njupeskär is located in Svealand (Central Sweden)
In the county of Dalarnas Län
In the north west part of this county
inside Fulufjället National Park

Website: http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/1c048/301cb/

• Updated Feb 24, 2010

Comments

sim1 Visits Here Frequently!

sim1