"Achilles Statue" London Off The Beaten Path Tip by Dabs
London Off The Beaten Path: 1,705 reviews and 3,066 photos
One of the finest statues I saw in London is this statue of Achilles in Hyde Park, a tribute to Wellington from the women of England, cast from captured French guns. The statue caused public outrage, as it was Britain's first public nude, the fig leaf was added later.
More Off The Beaten Path in London (52)
More Reviews (227)
- See All Budget Hotel, Great Location In...
- See All Travel to Glasgow
- See All Christmas pantomimes
- See All Christmas in London
- See All Sky Garden
- See All Fish and chips in Camden
Dabs' Related Pages
Have you been to London?Share Your Travels