"The painted bridge" Top 5 Page for this destination Aveiro Things to Do Tip by Henrik_rrb

Aveiro Things to Do: 27 reviews and 53 photos

The painted bridge in Aveiro.
by Henrik_rrb

Well, actually I don't know if this is a "must see"-thing, but...
We went into the tourist-office in Aveiro, told the lady there that we were in Aveiro for one day, and asked her what we had to see. The first thing she mentioned was the fantastic painted bridge, something like the Ponte Vecchio in Florenze.

So, off we went, and really off we got. The bridge is situated a bit outside the city, at least the city-center. From the center I would say it's 10-15 minutes by foot.

We got to this canale, and we were looking around for this amazing bridge. To the left, to the right, and no bridge...

To the left, to the right, to the map, and all we could see was these little tiny bridge with some bright paintings on.

After 10 minutes we understood that it was it. THE bridge.

Least to say we got a bit disappointed...

Funnier with the water instead, which was crowded with fish. You could stand up on the bridge, looking down at all the fishes. And if you are more clever than we were you might bring some bread to feed them with too, and you'll see a lot more... :)

I don't know the history behind this bridge, not even the name. Can't say I'm the guy who would remembered it either... But it was fun to be there, the bridge is actually quite nice, at least if you're not expecting to see the Ponte Vecchio.

Directions: Outside the city-center. I think it was on the north zone of the town.

Review Helpfulness: 4 out of 5 stars

• Written Aug 18, 2004

Comments

Henrik_rrb

“There is always a new place to see.”

Have you been to Aveiro?