"Things You Do When Drunk" Top 5 Page for this destination Newquay Favorite Tip by DUNK67

Newquay General: 7 reviews and 6 photos

Favorite thing:

Fondest memory: I have some really fond memories of Newquay, especially from the first time I went.

On the first night we all dressed up and went out for the night, after consuming copious amounts of alcohol we walked home and decided to take a walk across the golf course.
After sliding down a steep bank (it looked a lot steeper in daylight) we found our way onto the beach where several campfires were lit with loads of people sat round them. We tried integrating with one group but they weren`t having any of hit. Looking back at it, I can see the funny side and how it must have looked to the camp fire surfers with a load of clubbers decending on them.

The sight of Adie trying to play the buskers` didgeridoo (sp) and sounding more like a flatulent cow always brings a smile to my face, as does one of the lads asking a Policeman if his van was a taxi home and then stealing his hat and wearing it. It was all taken in the spirit of fun but if it had happened in our hometown he probably would have been arrested straight away.

Have you ever eaten a raw mushroom? I wouldn`t recommend trying it, they are really dry and no amount of alcohol will make it taste good.

These are a few of the great memories that I have from my first visit to Newquay, they all have one thing in common and that is they were all the direct result of alcohol.

I would just like to add that nobody was hurt in the making of this tip and hopefully nobody was offended either.

• Updated Aug 18, 2004

Comments

DUNK67

“To see more clearly you must open your mind before you open your eyes.”

Have you been to Newquay?