"Mixed Feelings about the Crow's nest" Top 5 Page for this destination The Crow's Nest Tip by liqdstar

The Crow's Nest, Isla de Vieques: 2 reviews and 2 photos

some kids at the hotel enjoying the pool
by liqdstar

I have mixed reviews about this place. On the one hand, some of the staff were really really helpful and friendly (like Christina at the front desk), but then other members of the staff were really snooty.
the room was spacious and a good deal for the $87 we paid a night, with a kitchenette and small living area, but then the room was also incredibly dark all the time, and filled with little red insects.
The pool area was nice, outdoors and very relaxing.

My biggest complaint is that they would do landscaping at 8am in the morning, so we were woken up to the sounds of a bulldozer! I thought that was pretty rude, they could have at least waited until afternoon to do loud construction work (it defeats the purpose of the relaxing island get-away).

Location wise, it's 2 minutes from a Green store and right next door to the car rental place, which was convenient.

They have a steakhouse on premises, which we never ate at, but we did enjoy the bar a few times. The night bartender was really great.

On my next trip, I will probably stay somewhere a bit more relaxing.

Address: Rte. 201, P.O. Box 1521, Isla de Vieques, Vieques
Price Comparison: about average
Price: US$80-120
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.crowsnestvieques.com/crowsnestpage.html

• Written Aug 16, 2004

More Hotels in Isla de Vieques (1)

“Philosophy, n. A route of many roads leading from nowhere to nothing”

Have you been to Isla de Vieques?