"Boycott The Nags Head Inn" Nags Head Inn Tip by hokienerd

Nags Head Inn, Nags Head: 399 reviews and 0 photos

I just stayed at the Nags Head Inn with a dear friend. A round of chemotherapy had left her with terrible pain and severe blistering of her feet. Being the optimist that she is, she hoped to feel better by the time we checked out, two days later (since the house we reserved would not be ready until mid-afternoon on check-out day). We knew if her condition did not improve, she could not endure the period from hotel check-out to beach house check-in without an appropriate place to rest (i.e., in a bed with her feet elevated). Unfortunately, her condition did not improve, and we were left with a dilemma.

Hoping to find compassion at the Nags Head Inn, I asked if we could stay a few hours past check-out, given the extraordinary circumstances. Much to my surprise, the answer was no. I was told their policy is to charge an extra day to anyone who stays past check-out. I questioned many employees about this, including the general manager, and received the same response. Not wanting to let this regrettable episode ruin what would otherwise turn out to be a very nice vacation, I paid the additional $175 so we could stay the extra few hours.

The staff insisted this was necessary, since housekeeping could not have our room ready in time for others if our check-out was delayed at all. I found this difficult to believe, and my disbelief was soon validated, as there were a number of housekeepers still cleaning the rooms on our floor when we checked out later that day. Assuming the cleaning of all rooms does not begin right at check-out, and we could have stayed somewhat longer without rendering the room unavailable, I can only come to the conclusion that the motivation for charging us an extra day was greed. It is apparent that the Nags Head Inn is much more concerned with their customers' wallets than with the customers themselves. I sincerely hope that no one associated with the Nags Head Inn is ever affected by the scourge of cancer, but if they are, I pray that they find more compassion in their journeys than did we.

Unique Qualities: EMAIL THE NAGS HEAD INN AT info@nagsheadinn.com
CALL THE NAGS HEAD INN AT 1 (800) 327-8881

Address: Mile Post 14, Beach Road
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
othercontact: hokienerd@aol.com
Phone: 1-252-441-0454
Price: US$180 and up
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.nagsheadinn.com/

• Updated Aug 26, 2004

Ranked Member

Have you been to Nags Head?