"The Red Vic" Top 5 Page for this destination Haight District Tip by Karnubawax
Haight District, San Francisco: 58 reviews and 105 photos
No trip to Haight Street would be complete without catching a film at the Red Vic. All through the 80's and 90's the Red Vic packed 'em in for everything from first run movies to the wierdest art films imaginable. Famed for it's comfy couches and homemade munchies, it was originally located in the ground floor of the Red Victorian B&B two blocks down (hence the name). The B&B's owner - Sami Sunchild - yep, that's really her name - decided she wanted to expand and the Red Vic had to go. It opened up shop in a defunkt nightclub called the Full Moon - where it sits today.
The couches are gone - replaced by "couch-style" seating, but the vibe of the place remains. This place is a true Haight Street original and if you're going to see a movie then this is the best place in the city to go to (with the possible exception of the Castro Theater).
Be sure to get the popcorn with butter and brewers' yeast. Yum!
Address: Haight Street between Cole & Shrader
Directions: Begins at Gough near Market St., ends at Stanyan St..
Phone: (415) 668-3994
More Things to Do in San Francisco (14)
More Reviews (72)
- See All Karaoke at The Mint (Castro)
- See All Good Mexican in the Haight
- See All Earthquake Weather
- See All San Francisco Library - SF History...
- See All Make Friends! Ask For Directions!
- See All Avoid people who tell you not to avoid...
- See All The Albany Bulb
- See All Vintage Clothing on Haight Street
- See All Playin' The Ponies!
- See All I went to Pier 39 (so you don't have...
- See All SF Weather - prepare for anything!
Been to San Francisco?Share your travels with the world!
Karnubawax's Related Pages
Have you been to San Francisco?Share Your Travels