"Slots of fun in Venice (actually Mestre Airport)" Venice Things to Do Tip by mapakettle

Venice Things to Do: 3,109 reviews and 6,103 photos

buses from Mestre or Padova
by mapakettle

Ma Kettle and I have been trying to locate this casino for awhile, and we finally found it. There is a bus that takes you from the Marco Polo airport every twenty minutes, and is just a three minute ride away. The cost... under a euro. Look for the sign in front of the terminal where all the other buses stop. However, you have to buy tickets from a vendor, the drivers don't sell them.

We didn't know this, and, after taking a bus from Padova to the airport (an hour), we decided just to take a taxi there (just missed it). It was hot, muggy, and we were ***y. Big mistake, the taxi cost us just under 14 euro.... (for three minutes). Do I have a big 'M' on my forehead?

Guys, you are not allowed entry if you are wearing shorts. I was.

Fortunately, a combination of my whining, Ma Kettle's good reasoning, and the pitiful look on my mother-in-laws face, the guards relented.

It costs 10 euro for entry, you must present your passport, they take your photo, and give you an admission ticket. You must place this ticket in the automatic reader prior to entering the casino. The plus side, they also give you a 10 euro chip to play with.

The casino has a reasonably good snack bar, very clean washrooms, and a good assortment of slots (half euro minimum). The tables are set apart from the slots, and we didn't visit them. Sorry.

Slots have good payouts, and we felt much like we do when playing in Vegas. Payouts of more than three hundred coins are paid by hand. You don't have to do anything except push 'Payout' and an attendant comes. (eventually). You have to show your admission ticket, they record the number, and you sign for your winnings. We were fortunate that day to require his services twice. Great fun.

Upon departure, we were required to place our ticket back into the 'reader', and I admit, I expected the tax man to hold his hand out.

No bells, no alarms, no man in a suit. We were safe.

Directions: Take a bus to Mestre airport, switch buses at the main entrance, look for the 'Casino' bus stop, and catch the shuttle. Only Three minutes away (not within easy walking distance however). Cost under one euro. **Need to buy ticket from vendor first**
Phone: 390415415373

• Updated Aug 10, 2004

Comments

mapakettle

“creases merely show where your smiles begin”

Have you been to Venice?