Wagamama: "Noodle shop, communal dining" Wagamama Tip by Dabs

Chicken katsu
      Chicken katsu
      Chicken ramen (Aug 2008)

Last visit July 2015 to the Victoria location

Wagamama is a popular chain of Japanese/noodle restaurants and with good reason-the food is fresh, well executed and served fast. The quality is consistent across the chain, I've eaten at six or more locations and have never had an unsatisfying meal.

At three of the locations I've visited, Covent Garden, Fleet Street and Haymarket near Piccadilly Circus, the seating was in the basement and was at communal tables, the Earl's Court, South Bank, Victoria and Kensington locations were also communal dining but upstairs. The noise level is pretty high so it's not a place to have an intimate conversation or linger over a meal.

Favorite Dish: The menu is Japanese/noodles and most of the dishes are in the 6-10 range. There aren't really starters or appetizers but there are side dishes so I tried the ebi katsu-5 deep fried prawns with chili garlic dipping sauce. We also tried duck gyoza, deep fried dumplings, not something I'd order again.

For my entree I've had the chicken katsu curry several times-deep fried breaded chicken with curry sauce and white rice, very tasty. I've also tried seafood ramen, I didn't like it as much as the chicken katsu but it was still pretty tasty and a very large portion. On my 4th visit I tried chicken ramen, more or less chicken noodle soup which was exactly was I was looking for. On my last visit I had chicken/prawn pad thai. It's family friendly and there is a kids menu.

Take a look at Wagamama's website or Voucher Codes to see if there are any current discount coupons.

Address: 26 High Street Kensington W8 4PF
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: Nearest Tube: High Street Kensington

Lots and lots of other locations

Phone: +00 44 (0)207 376 1717
Price: US$11-20
Rating: 4
Theme: Japanese/Sushi
Website: http://www.wagamama.com/locations/showlocation/540

• Updated Jul 4, 2015

Dabs Visits Here Frequently!

“Never put off til tomorrow what you can do today”

Have you been to London?