"Street Car Ride" Top 5 Page for this destination Streetcars Tip by jadedmuse
Streetcars, New Orleans: 14 reviews and 26 photos
If you have around two hours to spare, take a ride on a New Orleans street car. You can grab one at your hotel in the French Quarter area, and take the Uptown route which will lead you through the historical Garden District along one of the most beloved boulevards, St. Charles Avenue. Gracing this old street are beautiful antebellum mansions and homes for which this street is famous. Continue down St. Charles past Tulane University (my alma mater!) Loyola University, and past Audubon Park, until you reach Carrolton Avenue. Get off here and catch a return trolley back downtown. Fares run $1.00 per person, and exact change is required.
Directions: Can grab the trolley from just about anywhere - see my "Transportation Tips" for the street car route
More Things to Do in New Orleans (20)
More Reviews (63)
- See All Staying in the Garden District
- See All General Information
- See All Specialty Antiques and Furniture
- Ouch, my aching head....
- See All Laissez Faire Attitudes
- See All Louis Armstrong Int'l Airport - New...
- See All EMBRACE your tourist nature!
- "Betcha I can tell ya where ya got dem...
- See All Pascale's Manale
- See All Blues
- See All DO NOT MISS THIS PLACE!
Been to New Orleans?Share your travels with the world!
jadedmuse's Related Pages
Have you been to New Orleans?Share Your Travels