"A trip to the Zoo" Goiânia Things to Do Tip by Oceanwatcher

Goiânia Things to Do: 1 reviews and 1 photos

Big contrasts in the zoo
by Oceanwatcher

A zoo always makes gives me a lot of mixed emotions. On one hand it is really fascinating to see many of these animals close. On the other hand I feel really bad when I see proud animals in small areas. They were born to be out in wide open spaces. Of course, some zoo's have really big areas for the animals to move in.

Unfortunately, the zoo in Goiania is not one of these. Yes, they have many good things. Birds, snakes and quite a few animal that live in fairly good spaces.

But they also have many of the big cats there. And they have very little room to move around. The same with the bears. They are not in a cage, it is more like a big backyard with concrete walls.

Still, I think it is worth a visit. I know it would be close to impossible to let these animals out in the wild. They were probably born inside a zoo. I just wish they would have more space there to run around

Go there and enjoy the things you can enjoy. And maybe talk to someone there and ask them if it would not be better to have bigger areas for the cats and bears.

Directions: I will bring an exact address later for this. Just needed to get it out now. Anyway, it is not hard to find. Take a taxi.

• Written Aug 7, 2004

Comments

Oceanwatcher Lives Here!

Oceanwatcher

“Go, see and eat”

Ranked Member

Have you been to Goiânia?