Ferris' Oyster Bar & Grill: "Eat Here Even if You Hate Oysters! Seriously!" Top 5 Page for this destination Ferris' Oyster Bar & Grill Tip by Jetgirly

Ferris' Oyster Bar & Grill, Victoria: 9 reviews and 8 photos

Ferris' Grill
by Jetgirly

Oysters. Just the word makes me gag. Which is why I was not excited about going to Ferris' Oyster Bar.

Once I picked up the menu, I was beyond pleasantly surprised! There was a huge assortment of food, including lots of non-oyster based dishes! In fact, I couldn't make up my mind between some of the great sounding soups, appetizers and main pasta dishes!

The food was GREAT! I had the Chicken Penne Soup and it was awesome! The spicy-sweet chili broth was very light. Make sure to order extra dumplings for 50 cents... they're great! The carrots and celery absorbed the broth just right and the chicken was pretty (I am often wary of how unattractive chicken looks in soup!) My friend had the chicken burger and loved it. I read a review that said Ferris' actually has the best burgers in town! The atmosphere in the restaurant is closely-packed and bustling, with people always moving around you. It's definitely a local favorite!

Address: 536 Yates Street
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: Just up from Wharf, across from the Yates Street Parkade.
Phone: (250) 360-1824
Price: less than US$10
Rating: 5
Theme: Eclectic/International
Website: http://www.ferrisoysterbar.com

• Updated Jun 1, 2007

Comments

Jetgirly Used To Live Here!

Jetgirly

“I've come to eat all of your fruits and vegetables.”

Have you been to Victoria?