"I'm a regular" Top 5 Page for this destination Best Western Palm Court Motor Inn Tip by iandsmith

Best Western Palm Court Motor Inn, Port Macquarie: 225 reviews and 1 photos

Better than a welcome mat!
by iandsmith

I could describe you one stay I had there. Like the time I was attacked by two drug addicts who had jumped over my ground level balcony and entered through my stupidly-left-unlocked balcony door. This resulted in several decidedly unpleasant minutes including a few seconds where I was literally pinned to the bed in a stranglehold and threatened.
Don't let that put you off however, it could happen anywhere, anytime. They caught the individuals fairly quickly and both are now in prison.

Unique Qualities: The new staff here are very friendly and I stay here about every six weeks so they've gotten to know my warped sense of humour and can see the funny side.
The rooms are well appointed, also with Austar and the food is of an acceptable standard.
It's also a Best Western Motel so you can garner points from it.
The main reason I like to stay here is that it's right in town.
The meals are not as good as I would prefer but edible nonetheless.
I should warn you that it is a very popular motel so it pays to ring ahead to avoid missing out as I have done on occasions.
As you can see from my picture, it's not only humans that enjoy the place. This is the resident bearded dragon lizard (it's OK, they're harmless. Actually, I think they're cute).

Address: 138 William Street, Port Macquarie, NSW 2444
Price Comparison: about average
Phone: +61 2 6583 5155
Price: US$40-80
Theme: Motel
Website: http://www.palmcourtmotorinn.com.au

• Updated Sep 23, 2006

Comments

iandsmith Visits Here Frequently!

iandsmith

“The shortest distance between two people is laughter (note sign in picture)”

Have you been to Port Macquarie?