Hyatt Regency in Kauai: "Hyatt Regency in Kauai" Kauai Hotel Tip by AliasGirl

Kauai Hotels: 61 reviews and 109 photos

Hyatt Regency Hotel Postcard
by AliasGirl

I absolutely recommend this hotel. As a matter of fact I am dieing to go back! Its the most grandest hotel in the area, beautiful people, cultural location, helpful staff, breathtaking panaramic vistas, gorgeous room with our own lanai (balcony), super romantic, delicious food (can you believe), and yum yum drinks. All in all, I highly recommend the Hyatt Regency in Kauai. You will not be disappointed! I just LOVE this place!

Unique Qualities: It has so many great qualities - first of all, the staff was beyond helpful from the moment we drove into the property to entering the lobby and navigating to our room. The staff was so courteous and pleasant! I never had this experience duplicated anywhere else.

Our room was fabulous and decorated in a tropical Hawaiian style that is very pleasing to the eye. The casual and elegant style adds to your instant relaxed mode. Although the room was awesome, it doesn't compare to the beautiful and expansive grounds of Hyatt. Needless to say we spent tons of time exploring the hotel property and the island sights. After a long day at the beach/pool and exploring it was revitalizing to come back to our nicely refreshed room.

The beach is certainly a site for sore, tired eyes. Very tropical feel to the pool/ salt water lagoon areas. We enjoyed many an afternoon here. The poolside service is top rate and the drinks are very addictive.

The Hotel Restaurants are very nice indeed. We frequented Illima Terrace for Breakfast every day and were not disappointed although we packed on the pounds! We tried a few of the restaurants for dinner; Italian fare at Dondero's was very good, Tidepools, The Dock (poolside) for a quick late afternoon bite and a stop at Stevenson's Library for drinks and appetizers.

Make sure to visit the ANARA SPA, lots of choices but the overall fact is a massage in Hawaii can't be topped.

Lastly, my favorite recommendation - catch a sunset from your lanai with your honey while enjoying a glass of bubbly!

The Hyatt Regency Kauai Resort and Spa is rated at 4 1/2 stars but I would venture to say that this is my all time favorite hotel. It was a wonderful experience. I want to go back now!

Address: 1571 Poipu Rd, Koloa, HI 96756 USA
Price Comparison: most expensive
Directions: Located in the Southern part of Kauai - Poipu.
Price: US$180 and up
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.hyatt.com

• Updated Aug 4, 2004

Comments

AliasGirl

“Visiting Japan in March 2006!!.”

Have you been to Kauai?