VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

"Were new small businessmen greedy?" Top 5 Page for this destination Druskininkai Local Custom Tip by matcrazy1

Druskininkai Local Customs: 20 reviews and 20 photos

GOOD BUSINESS, RIGHT?
by matcrazy1

At first I wanted to put this tip in Warnings Or Dangers but... it's more local custom, I think.

This young guy on my picture run pedal boat rental at the western bank of Druskonis lake. He managed a few new, yellow pedal boats, I think for a short time. Hmm... there were no costumers (except one older couple) in sunny afternoon on business day in June. He didn't have any official price list.

I got to know that I should pay for renting a pedal boat something like 5 - 6 Lt per hour. The guy wanted over twice more. Was it special (higher) price for "rich" visitors from Poland or... "expensive" Druskininkai?

Well, a few times in Lithuania (and not exclusively in Druskininkai) I noticed similar price policy put esp. by new and young Lithuanian small businessmen. Well, good luck with your business :-) but... it's wrong way, I suppose. Although... Lithuania was still cheap even with these "special" prices. Anyway, I would prefer to see official price list, instead.

• Written Jul 29, 2004

Comments

matcrazy1

“Keep smiling, take it easy :-)”

Have you been to Druskininkai?