"Harold" Amantea Warnings Or Dangers Tip by mapakettle

Amantea Warnings and Dangers: 2 reviews and 2 photos

a younger version of Harold...
by mapakettle

If you're reading this, you probably read about Harold, our 'almost' ellusive landlord. The picture to your left isn't really Harold, but in some strange way, reminds me of him. VT member Beach Dog used this photo for a Forum posting one night, and kindly allowed me to use it...thank's pal.

Just to clarify things a bit, Harold, (not his real name), really does exist, and was met EXACTLY the way I described. He was recommended to us by, let me see if I can get this right, a friend of my mother-in-law's second cousins wife's uncle's friend. So, you can see, Harold was practically a member of the family.

I suppose some people can live under circumstances as described, and I imagine that a day of holiday spent cleaning the apartment could have resulted in somewhat more comfortable dwellings, but...

My main concern was Harold himself. Have you ever met anyone who you immediately thought 'Yucch' ? Have you ever had to shake hands with a person whom you dreaded to touch, and then afterwards wiped your hands on your back pockets? This was Harold....and he was offering us food he had cooked...shudder!!

I imagine Harold is a very lonely, and sad man. He was so excited to have someone to cook for, he practically begged us to stay. Just think, we could have had a man servant for free (shudder !!).

His ploy in getting us to buzz his flat, instead of supplying us with a key, would alert him to our every movement. He had already made plans to drive us around the countryside, and would take us everywhere (shudder !!).

He knew the best restaurants. He'd take us (shudder !!).

He knew a great beach. Isolated. He'd take us, "Topless", he said, winking at me, nudge, nudge. (shudder !!) (shudder !!)

Anyway, in complete fairness to Harold, he did not intentionally attempt to take advantage of us. In his mind, he was offering to provide us with a luxury condo at a very reasonable price, complete with man servant, cook, driver, and tour guide. Everything is relative...

Speaking of relatives...(shudder!!!)

• Updated Oct 21, 2004

More Warnings and Dangers in Amantea (1)

Comments

mapakettle

“creases merely show where your smiles begin”

Have you been to Amantea?