"San Francisco Ghost Hunt" Other Tours Tip by karen75

Other Tours, San Francisco: 19 reviews and 24 photos

Guide, Jim Fassbinder at Queen Anne
by karen75

July 19th, 2004 - My last night in San Francisco I was lucky to have been able to attend the SF Ghost Hunt tour. I wanted to do this tour last year but was unable to do so.

Everyone met at the Queen Anne hotel at 7 pm and met with our guide, Jim Fassbinder. Jim began by telling us the story about the Queen Anne hotel and then we got to take a short little tour of the place. The Queen Anne is reputed to be haunted by Mary Lake. After, we began touring the surrounding area of Pacific Heights. Listened to the stories of Flora, the ghost who wanders the streets, and Mary Ellen Pleasant, etc., etc.

I highly recommend the ghost walk. Jim Fassbinder is an excellent storyteller who's done a lot of research before dispelling the facts.

Tours run 7 days a week and no reservations are required. However, if you decide to do the walk, I would call the telephone number provided to listen for a confimation that the tour is running that night.

Address: 1590 Sutter Street (at Octavia)
Directions: I took a bus from Fisherman's Whaf up Van Ness Street to Sutter Street and then rode another bus up Sutter Street to Octavia Street to get to the Queen Hotel.
othercontact: sfghosthunt@yahoo.com
Phone: %co(415) 922-5590%c*
Website: http://www.sfghosthunt.com

• Updated Aug 21, 2004

Have you been to San Francisco?