"ROME ON THE RHINE" Basel Things to Do Tip by thinking
Basel Things to Do: 202 reviews and 336 photos
Rome on the Rhine
It is located ten kilometers east of Basel, Switzerland.
In its heyday, 1800 years ago, 20,000 people lived here. Of the traces left behind by the native Celtic inhabitants and Mediterranean immigrants, very many have now been excavated and are accessible to the public in the largest open-air archaeological museum in north-west Switzerland. Every year the Roman Town of Augusta Raurica attracts around 140,000 visitors, tourists and school children.
The extremely interesting open-air complex of The Roman Town of Augusta Raurica offers over 20 places of interest, including the best preserved antique theatre north of the Alps, a unique replica of a "Roman House" and the "Roman" farm animal park
Mon 13.00 - 17.00, Tues - Sun 10 - 17.00
Nov. - Feb. closed between 12.00 - 1.30 pm
Römerstadt Augusta Raurica
Tel. +41 (0)61 816 22 22
Fax +41 (0)61 816 22 61
More Things to Do in Basel (6)
More Reviews (40)
- See All Ring the bell
- See All The Daily Gathering of Nannys & their...
- See All Take a look at the typical Swiss salad...
- See All THE MAIN DEPARTMENT STORE & THE MOST...
- I couldn't find any tourist traps in...
- See All Casual lifestyle around the Rhine River
- See All Centerpoint: English Videos & Books
- Careful of this area
- 1000 links to Switzerland & Basel on the...
- Jumping into the Rhine creates a need
- Basel Tourism's Accomodation Website
- See All Hiking in Switzerland
thinking's Related Pages
Have you been to Basel?Share Your Travels