The Ship Motel: "Right in town (if you could call it that)" Alexandria Bay Hotel Tip by nancy531

Alexandria Bay Hotels: 6 reviews and 3 photos

After staying in 2 1/2 and 3 star hotels all week it was kind of a let down to get to Alex Bay, but that is not the town or the Ship Motel's fault. Since all the motels are priced high, I actually paid over twice as much for this room as I did for a 3 star in Toronto. It was a very small regular motel room with nothing special to speak of. With our two kids in there, it may have seemed extra small to us. However, it was the only motel in Alex Bay that had a website and an email address to try to book a room. The other wierd thing is since its a 'resort' town, they prefer that you book either a weekend or a whole week. Finding a room for a Thursday night sort of took them by surprize. I would say the Ship Motel met our needs and although we don't plan to go back any time soon, I would recommend it.

Unique Qualities: No pool, but a short walk to everything in town. Coffee and Ice in the office.

Address: 6 Market Street Alexandria Bay, NY 13607
Price Comparison: about average
othercontact: email: ship2@gisco.net
Phone: 315-482-4503
Price: US$80-120
Theme: Motel
Website: http://www.theshipmotel.com/

• Written Jul 20, 2004

Comments

nancy531

“I got the travelin' jones”

Have you been to Alexandria Bay?